Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Poetic Pas De Deux Between Frank And plainmama


A Poetic Pas De Deux Between

Frank and plainmama

By

Frank Solanki

An edited version from

Frank’s blog.

I gave birth to a lie and it gave birth to many more.

I watched it multiply till I could stop it no more.

It was all fine until truth decided to come out

And draw a thin line

Between truth and doubt.

The lies were spread, the truth washed them away.

Soon, they were all dead but the scars came to stay.

Now, the lies are gone the truth never picked a side.

Scars are reborn

The mother has died.

 

These words spoke to plainmama and she replied:

plainmama:

 

Truth has healing power. 

It might feel raw right now,

Like ripping off a band aid,

But wounds heal faster

When exposed to the air of truth.

They only fester when covered with lies.

Take care of yourself, my friend.

Give yourself of grace and love

In tough times.

Much love.

 

Frank:

 

Thanks a lot.

 

plainmama:

 

Of course.

And if you need a friend

I’m always here.

 

Frank:

 

I know that.

Hope you are doing good

Too.

 

plainmama:

Trying not to get sick

In a house of illness.

It’s a tough task.

 

Frank:

 

Oh, it is.

 

Plainmama:

 

Yes!

When you are the day care,

Cook and night nurse

Exposure and Exhaustion

Makes the statistics of my

Contracting said illness

Fairly high.

Maybe wine will help?

Is that one of the old remedies?

Just say yes.

 

Frank:

 

Yes.

So who’s the one running sick?

 

Plainmama:

 

3 of 4 boys.

Eldest has held out.

I’m sure he will be barfing tomorrow.

 

Frank:

 

Oh, that’s a tough situation.

 

Plainmama

 

Par for the parenting course.

 

Frank:

 

Haha.  Yes, but I guess it’s worth the memories.

 

Plainmama:

 

Puke does not equal memories.

For Puker or puke cleaner,

Or puke watcher

Or puke smeller

Or in regards to

Puke, barf or vomit.

 

Frank:

 

Oh, I feel your pain.

 

Plainmama:

 

Disgust would be a better word.

There is not much grosser than vomit.

 

Frank:

I’ll talk to you later.

‘Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment